Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Done with the One Pattern Many Looks entry! It has been a busy month of sewing for me with a grand total of 6 ruched tees for the contest, 1 skirt, 1 ruched tee altered with a wider hem, 1 long sleeve cowl tee + 2 sleeveless cowls that were dyed.
I've been taking a little break and going through my stash as I plan the main focus for February. In the meantime, I've been working on a muslin for Burda 7082 so far I've been pretty pleased with the fit. I cut the smallest size (10) and took in 3/4" from the underarm and graded back out to 5/8" about 2" from the end. I took in 3/8" deep tuck x 2 in the back from neck to hem, blending into the dart - I also moved the back dart to stay in line with tuck. I need to remember to move the back skirt dart so it lines up with the back top. I normally have to adjust the shoulder to waist (shorten), but it is hitting me right at my waist! I tried it on with the pins and I am going to leave out the side zipper. I added a fusible stay tape alone the fold line and shoulder seams as well as fusible interfacing to the front self facing. I haven't made a faux wrap dress before, but something about this one called to me - I think it was the pleats. The pleats are sewn and everything just lined up perfectly - love Burda!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment