Friday, February 1, 2013

Burda 7082

Making good progress with this - View A with the sleeves extended to full length (I really don't like 3/4 sleeves). So far not too many adjustments, but I am going slow and and documenting the tweaks - this is going to be a TNT!
After attaching the skirt, I can see I am going to need to shorten the vee edge of the top - about 1/2". What is weird is that the gather points are missing from the skirt front, and the sleeve only has 1 marker on the front to match seams. I also think I'll be grading the whole side seam to 3/4" - a size 8 would have been a perfect fit. Normally I need to shorten the distance to the waist - my back waist length is barely 15" - didn't do this and it hits me just right. Double checked the waistline marker on the skirt and it hits about 1/2" below the waistline seam. Will be getting this finished today or more likely tomorrow. While I was at JA's today - I got some new fabric to try for dyeing - lightweight 100% cotton jersey (no white, got light green) and 60% cotton 40% modal light weight jersey. Both of those are new fabrics and they didn't have all the colors in yet - although I'm only interested in the white/natural. I'm going to try over dyeing for the light green. Fabrics are getting the pre-dye wash right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment